10 Ways of Becoming Excellent
In life, we have so many interests. What motivate us in life are our interests. We have personal interests, we have business interests, and we have family interests, and other kinds of interests.
The Different Kinds of Interests
For example, you become a president of a country your interests are of your people and your country alike, you will then have a broader mind-set as you lead your country. As an individual your mind-set will mostly be for your own good. But notice that in developing our mind-set, our interest, we are unconsciously contributing to the bigger picture. Like in a corporate setting the work ethics or attitude of an assistant employee will reflect to his immediate supervisor and then to the whole department. If your work ethics is good then you will make a good reputation for your group, otherwise, you will mark a negative impression to the whole department. Just like sales, if the sales force does not reach the quota, eventually one’s inefficiency will reflect to the whole company.
Take the corporate setting in a first world country for example, the interest of the work force is to keep their jobs and source of livelihood, that is why they work hard, the workers spends a lot of their time at their jobs. Because you work for that company, you will love that company, you will observe the business interest of that company because that is where you get your salary; that is where you get your living.
As compared to third world countries where people are more individualistic, they only commit to themselves, “What is it for me? What can make me comfortable? What can make me do like this?” That is why if you have that single personal interest, which is yourself; you are non-committing to anything but yourself only. You don’t even know what a cause is.
When you are a corporate-minded person, you work for the cause of your company. The cause for your company is to expand, to be bigger, to deliver the goods all over the world and you are far from that. That is why you can always hear from the American lingo, “I am glad to be a part of something big.” Don’t we all want to be part of something big? We need to eradicate this kind of personal interest and embrace a kind of interest that will motivate us enough to accomplish something or become productive in our area of talent. We are all given a talent that we should hone, nurture and share. Our talents should be put into good use and this honours the One who created us, our Almighty Father.
10 Ways to Become Excellent
- In everything we do, we should gain knowledge, because knowledge indeed is power.
- We all should strive to be excellent in the things we do.
- We should also learn to apply excellence even in the smallest things we do, as the Father, our Lord Jesus Christ said “If you can be trusted in small things, I will also trust you with big things.” It is not big things all at once that the Father will give to you. We will not be tried in big things but you will be tried in small things.
- Productivity, contribution, input; that is what we should always strive for. If we can’t do that, then everything we’re doing is useless.
- Bear in mind that there is no substitute for hard work. We must work hard in everything we do.
- If we want to succeed in whatever ministry that the Father has entrusted to us, we must be consistent. Do not fluctuate.
- We should always give our 100%; not settling for mediocrity. Let’s not give only 50% of our efforts. In everything we do, we should do it with all our hearts. There is no hard work that is not rewarded. When we give our 100% to the Father, the blessings that comes back to us is 200%.
- In reflection of Ecclesiastes 9:10 that says, “Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might.” Whatever it is that we do, let’s do it with might, do not be half hearted, don’t be half-committed. We commit our body, soul, and spirit to it because that is the greatest cause. There is no cause greater than that.
- Look at the Jewish wisdom for their business success. They said, “You have to want it so badly that you will have to cry for it.
- All of us should become an asset, contribute to the cause, look at the cause every day, every hour, every minute, every time you pray, every time you wake up in the morning, before you sleep, you have to even dream about it.
This is how we can achieve success and stay successful, let us re-assess our interest and redirect it to the kind of interest that will become a part of something big.