China is Now the World’s Richest Country
By Pastor Apollo C. Quiboloy
Get a regular dose of blessings, inspiration and enlightenment by subscribing to Pastor ACQ’s blog updates. Click here to subscribe →
As I oversee the installation of the King Dome’s giant LED screens, I cannot help but admire the diligence and hard work of our Chinese technicians who work night and day with our team of Filipino engineers and architects.
Back in February this year when we joined our friends in ringing in the Chinese New Year, my heart swelled with deep joy and gratitude for these people’s admirable values of respect and sincerity.
Mr. Pang and his wife came to me to express all the Chinese workers’ appreciation of the love and hospitality they experience while working for the King Dome project. He said, “Pastor, this place is quite different. We feel the atmosphere of genuine love.”
I may not have expressed fully to Mr. Pang what I truly feel towards him and his people, but today, as I recall the news from the previous week about China being the world’s richest country, I remember what the Almighty Father has promised me when He sent me as His Anointed and Appointed Son — whosoever treats the Appointed Son with respect and kindness shall be blessed.
It was a promise.
Now, it is a promise that has met its fulfillment.
- When I was a young boy standing in front of a Chinese store in my hometown of Tamayong, Kiama Tan’s son-in-law we called, Tiksing, came to my rescue. He saw me tearing up in shame, and he knew what I needed — gantangs of rice, sardines, and noodles. “Why did you let the boy wait for so long,” he asked the store attendants. That single act of kindness had created a great impact on me and had shaped my life permanently. I made a promise that one day, if the Lord God blesses me, I will help every impoverished child.
- For a couple of times I had been to the Republic of China, I experienced nothing but kindness, hospitality, and respect. One time, I was with the Kingdom leaders in Beijing and I was floored at how our Chinese brothers and sisters went out of their way to make us feel welcome even to the point of us being treated like royalty.
- During President Rodrigo Duterte’s official visit to China in 2019 when I was a part of his delegation, I saw and experienced firsthand how the Chinese treated us as coequals and not as some people that are beneath them, but as real brethren, friends, and even family. One thing I could never forget: I was not even a diplomat or a government official, but I was treated with dignity and reverence in that country. That particular visit was something that I will always carry with me for the rest of my life.
- Whenever our Chinese friends who work for the King Dome project come to Davao City, they never fail to impress me with their excellent work ethics, professionalism, and most of all, utmost respect.
- At the height of COVID-19 in 2020 when there was a global shortage of vaccines and Filipinos had no one to turn to, President Xi Jinping proved to be a formidable ally and generous friend by sending vaccines upon the request of President Duterte. Those vaccines saved millions of lives.
When I think about China and its people, I have nothing but memories of goodness, generosity, gentleness, utmost respect, and dignified treatment that a person must afford a fellow human being.
China is now the richest nation in the world according to the latest report by McKinsey & Co. Its wealth skyrocketed to $120 trillion from a mere $7 trillion in 2000.
And you know why? It is because of a promise that has been fulfilled.